The Graduate Alliance for Diversity and Inclusion Research and Service Awards recognize graduate students in the College of the Liberal Arts who have demonstrated a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion through their research and service. Read below to learn more about our two awards!
Research Award ($250). The research award will be given to a nominee who has conducted high-quality original research with clear and significant value for marginalized groups.
- Nominee must be the first author
- Quantitative, qualitative, and critical research are welcome
- Research does not need to be published or under review by time of submission
- To apply, send a Word document labeled Research_NomineeLastNameFirstName (e.g.,Research_SmithJane) with the following to email@example.com:
- The anonymized research paper (30 double-spaced pages maximum)
- An abstract (500-word maximum) explaining how the research benefitsmarginalized groups and the nominee’s specific role in the research project
Service Award ($250). The service award will be given to a nominee who has made a significant contribution to diversity, inclusion, and social justice in service of marginalized graduate students.
- Service work should have directly improved the lives of marginalized graduate students, addressed underserved needs, and demonstrated sustainability.
- Particular consideration will be given to service work that has overcome significant challenges such as indifference or hostility.
- To apply, send a Word document labeled Service_NomineeLastNameFirstName (e.g., Service_SmithJane) with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An abstract (500-word maximum) explaining how the nominee’s service meets each of the three criteria listed in the first bullet point of this section.
Note: Prior award recipients are not eligible for the same award, but are eligible for the other category of award (i.e., 2021 Research Award recipients are eligible to apply for the 2022 Service award, but not the 2022 Research Award; and vice versa)
Self-nominations for awards are welcome, as are nominations from graduate students, faculty, or staff. Nominations should be submitted by Friday, February 25, 2021 at 11:59pm ET to email@example.com.
For questions, contact Terri Frasca at firstname.lastname@example.org.